Urban Center of Influence Funding Application
Am I eligible for UCI funding?
A UCI has one primary purpose: to establish new churches in large urban areas that have little or no Adventist work. If you can answer Yes to each of the following questions, you should consider applying for UCI funding.
- Will the UCI have the express purpose of planting multiple new churches around the city?
- Will the UCI be located in an urban center with a population of at least 100,000?
- Will the UCI be located in an area of the city with little or no Adventist presence?
- Do you have a business plan that will allow the UCI to continue to operate after funding ends?
- If you answered yes to ALL of the questions above, you should proceed through the following steps.
STEP 1: Read the guidelines
Receiving UCI funds requires effort, research, and time. Familiarize yourself with the operating guidelines to avoid rejected proposals. Download UCI Operating Guidelines
STEP 2: Complete the application
Download the latest application below. Complete the form in English. Do not alter it in any way. Download Excel Application Form (Latest revision November 1, 2022)
STEP 3: Create a business plan
A comprehensive business plan is required. Here is a checklist of the kind of information required. Download Business Plan Checklist
STEP 4: Get the votes
A UCI must be voted and partially funded by each level of the church organization. After these votes have been gathered, the division should send all the required information to the General Conference.
- One million U.S. dollars are allocated for UCIs each year.
- Ten applications will receive up to $25,000.
- Four applications will receive up to $75,000.
- Three applications will receive up to $150,000.
- Applications are reviewed twice per year in the spring and autumn.
- Global Mission will provide up to 50 percent of the total cost of a UCI. The division, union, and conference/mission together are required to contribute at least 30 percent of the total cost of the project.